Sunday, May 10, 2009

Back in the Game

Dear readers (not that I have any),

I've been away for a while, not due to a windfall or tragedy, but due to a massive workload, a two-year-old daughter, and some laziness. My intentions are to get back in the game, make some interesting posts, and get a google ranking.

When I logged into my account, I was amazed to see that my last post was back in September and I can't believe that I actually went an entire and long winter without making one post. Since September I've gone to Windsor, Ontario, to celebrate Canadian Clubs birthday and taste some 30-year-old whisky; shortly after that I was off to Halifax, Nova Scotia, to live in a beer commercial come to life for three days courtesy of Alexander Keiths; and most recently, I was off to Mexico (Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta) to drink and learn about tequila made the Milagro way. While all that is fun and great, it was for work and I've had to perform as a journalist -- though I'm not one.

Ok, so now that we've established that I'm a professional drinker, I'll also let you know that aside from my job as an editor at the internet's largest men's lifestyle magazine, I've also been working toward establishing myself as a freelance writer. Yes, I have a long way to go, and I'm not really interested in making a "name" for myself, just in earning some supplemental income (aren't we all these days?).

So, since I've indulgently babbled long enough, I'll end this here and promise to post as often as possible (I know, I should make a schedule).

Rock on!

No comments: